The Bougainvillea Hotel has strong ties and affirms its commitment with helping the community where we belong. These are some of our finished and working projects:
• In 1996, we built 10 classrooms and a dining room for our local school.
• We collaborate with the Hogar María Foundation, an organization dedicated to taking care of the elderly in the community, with a monthly financial contribution.
• We support the Casa de Pan Shelter with a monthly financial aid. This organization serves more than 40 orphaned children. We have formed a "group of friends" that help a specific child on a monthly basis, with a $30.00 contribution, plus remembering this child`s birthday and helping celebrate his/her birthday and special achievements in school. Also, the hotel has managed to keep the Shelter equipped with bed linens and towels. Twice a year, there are special days where all children are welcome in the hotel, so they can enjoy a day of swimming.
• Thanks to the work of the Bougainvillea Foundation, we provide scholarships to more than 65 children and teenagers from nearby schools such as: Santo Tomás School, Rubén Darío School, Santo Domingo High School and Mario Vindas High School.
• Also, as a new initiative from the Bougainvillea Foundation, we have started a project in order to improve our children's education called "Successful Schools". This project began in 2012 and is aimed at three schools in the area; its major goal is to strengthen and motivate teachers in order to generate better education experiences for the students.
• The Hotel Bougainvillea is the main sponsor of Debra Costa Rica, a not-for-profit organization that works to help children affected by Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB).